Ever wondered what the cross-breed between any two people would be?
Maybe you've been curious to know what their baby would look like,
or what an actress/actor's facial features would look like on them (or yourself!).
If so, FaceBlend has the capabilities of answering your questions.
Download FaceBlend from iTunes for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/faceblend/id361781416?mt=8. View the screenshots here.
This section describes how to use the Faceblend App.
1. After installing the app, touch the "FaceBlend" icon on your springboard.
2. The welcome screen provides a brief set of instructions. Enter by touching "Cool, let me in!".
3. Within the "Photo 1" tab bar item, touching the camera icon in the upper left-hand corner brings up the load menu.
4. Load a photo by either 1) selecting a photo from your photo library, or 2) taking a picture with the camera.
5. If you see the photo you selected in the view, you were successful in loading the photo. Another indicator of success
is that the corresponding tab bar icon will have a checkmark on top of it. Otherwise, if you are
prompted with an alert that "A face was not found", then you must select another photo. A suggestion is to use photos with a
face that is fairly frontal.
6. Touch the "Photo 2" tab bar icon and repeat step 5 to load Photo 2.
7. When both Photos 1 & 2 are loaded, touch the "Blend Faces" tab bar icon.
You may modify the application settings by touching the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner.
More details on modifying the settings in step 12.
8. Upon completion of the face blend, you should see the blended result in the view.
9. Scroll right to see the other face blend result.
The page control (dots) in the center-bottom of the view indicates the current result you are viewing.
10. You may choose to 1) save the blended photo to your photo library, or
2) send it to your friends by email, by touching on the envelope icon in the upper right-hand corner.
This can also be done in the "Photo 1" and "Photo 2" views.
11. If you choose to email, you will be presented with a view as above. The blended photos are automatically
attached to the email. Enter the recipient's email address and touch "Send".
12. The "Settings" view can be accessed by touching the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner of the "Blend Faces" view.
Below is a description of each setting:
- Attach Photos 1 & 2: Attach the original photos (Photos 1 & 2) to the email.
- Attach both Blends: Attach both face blend results to the email.
- Display watermark: Displays a "FaceBlend" watermark at the bottom right-hand corner of the attached face blend results.
- Photo quality: Select the quality of photos attached to your email (less quality = smaller files, faster sends).
Thank you for using FaceBlend. We greatly appreciate any feedback/comments/questions you may have.